How to Strike the Ball More Effectively
Are you searching for more distance or for more consistency? You might find both if you align your goals in the direction of solid contact. A ball struck on the sweet spot departs the clubface with almost pure backspin (as opposed to side spin), and since it is struck on the middle of the clubface, it should travel a greater distance.
There are six places on your clubface that your ball can be struck. Do you know your pattern or tendency? Here are the six. Remember them so that you can better understand how to improve your ball flight.
1. Toe (most common; weak and short)
2. Heel (low and left; never feels solid)
3. Hozel (watch out; easy to fix)
4. Low on face (hollow feel; little height)
5. High on face (no power; with irons usually occurs in tall grass or rough)
6. Dead-center (soft and solid feeling; goes farther than you expect, and you wonder why)
Good luck in your pursuit of solid contact.
More Golf Tips